Well folks, it's a brand new day! A brand new day as mundane as the rest I might add since the whole school/home routine never changes. So what to tell you today my friends?
Let's have a moan about school. Always good fun and gets stuff off your chest, so here goes! I HAVE TOO MUCH SCHOOL WORK!!! :@ Right. there's a starting point. For anybody interested I've dumped it all in the depths of my cellar right now. Yes it is getting done, jeez you sound like my mother! I've kidnapped scholars to do it for me :D joke!! If only... NO GETTING IDEAS... :P
Don't you just love coursework? Yeah, I mean that work that is always rushed just before it is due. Now I am grateful I am not one of these people, I start mine early. Trouble is, I get fed up half way through, give up for a period of time and then remember that it is due in the next few days. Does that sound more like you? Yes, I thought so. Let's call it Teen Syndrome.
So I have English coursework to do. I have a test in Biology on Thursday (oh dear!) which I need to revise for. I also have Performing Arts portfolios to construct. Thankfully this is an ongoing thing but it means the work is RELENTLESS. And then finally I have psychology. If you are a psychology student at A2 you will understand why I don't need to go on in any further detail.
At my school we get study periods (i.e let's rush my homework/revision the period before it is due) to catch up with this stuff, but personally I dislike them. You probably think I'm crazy right now saying I hate not having lessons EVERY period, EVERY day. Not something I can dispute, but here is my logic. My friends and I share study periods, so:
Friends + no teacher supervising = doing nothing whatsoever!
See my problem yet? Well as much as I love my friends dearly I try to avoid their advances to drag me unwillingly into a random conversation. Well, not totally unwillingly, but I can't afford to waste much time. As a result I try to block them out as much as possible in the nicest possible way... Oh I sound mean now :(
Even when your friends aren't in study period with you, you always get that lunatic that listens to music far to loud, and you conclude they'll be deaf before they reach 50. Every study period has one, it's a guarantee. Failing that, there is the lunatic that decides shouting across the room and generally being rowdy whilst other people are working is acceptable. I have to put up with these too. I sympathise that some people really can't be bothered with their qualifications, to which I say, good for you, BUT BUGGER OFF SOMEWHERE ELSE ALREADY!!! These people also appear to have further symptoms of Teen Syndrome.
*Breathe Bexx breathe*
Right I'm calm again. I know many of these individuals unfortunately, so I sometimes go to the library for the peace and quiet I need to work. Yes I know I am boring, but you know what, I don't care. I can be great fun in the right mood, but mess with me and you will feel my wrath. Ask the victims in my basement. They know exactly what I am like :P
I'm not a negative Nelly all the time. I have a good time with my friends. We have taken to playing cards during our free time which I enjoy. It's a good time to bond, even when regular conversation doesn't come naturally, say, when getting to know somebody new in the group. Since the beginning of this new school year old friends have departed and new people have arrived. I miss these friends dearly, and school life is so different without them. One girl I miss in particular goes by the name of Jenny. She was my singing partner. Last year we would spend our lunch times more often than not down the music rooms. I had just studied a Musical Theatre unit in Performing Arts, and so Jenny would play the piano and I would sing. She would accompany me when performing Jar of Hearts to the fly on the wall (if you see what I mean). One day this particular fly happened to be a music teacher. HIGHLY EMBARRASSING!! Never mind, we can't do it anymore :(
Nevertheless, it is our memories we must hold on to, this is my last school year after all. The yearbook will be produced before long... (Yours truly is on the Yearbook Committee so watch out!) and our lives will result down to a few pages in a small book that we will keep for many years... With any luck... The amount of time I'll be putting into it everybody best pray they are buried with it otherwise they'll be getting into trouble on the 'other side' ... but that's a whole different argument!
So my message folks... Don't become entirely a victim of Teen Syndrome. It's OK to fall ill occasionally but keep taking your vitamins when it matters ;)
Saw you linked this on TSR - love the posts, written in a very chatty style.
ReplyDeletePerhaps take a look at your layout? I find the black background and white writing a bit grating on the eyes :P Also biology tests are fun :D
Sam
http://artymessetc.blogspot.co.uk/
Thank you for your feedback Sam I appreciate it! I try to reflect a lot of my personality into the posts so I'm glad you've picked up on it :) I'll take another look at the design as requested :)
DeleteThanks!
Bexx
Nice and informal which is good for this type of blog.
ReplyDeleteSaw this on TSR as well and decided to have a look, the title lured me in.
Here is my blog about science, atheism and skepticism.
http://thebloggingskeptic.blogspot.co.uk/